Here are some interesting facts about Tzolkin birthdays of well-known people (Posted 2 May 2011, 3-Imix):
- Last weekend the British royal family had a wedding on the Tzolkin day 13 Edznab. The following day – 1 Cauac was Princess Diana’s birthday.
- Osama Bin-Laden, who was allegedly assassinated earlier today, shares his Tzolkin birthday (13 Chicchan) with – believe it or not – George W. Bush…
- Barak Obama was born on the Tzolkin day 9 Ben, which is the same day the US came into being on 4 July 1776.
- Abraham Lincoln was born on the Tzolkin day 11-Akbal, which is the birthday 2 other, later Presidents of the US.
(1) After James Garfield was assassinated (most say because his attempt to have the US control its own money supply), his VP was declared President. His name was Chester A. Arthur, and his Tzolkin birthday is also 11-Akbal.
(2) The Hoover Dam between Nevada and Arizona was built during the Great Depression and was named after the 31st President of the US – Herbert Hoover (who was also born 11-Akbal).
- Vladimir Lenin shares his Tzolkin birthday (13 Eb) with the father of socialism – Karl Marx.
- Sigmund Freud has the same Tzolkin birthday (10 Ben) as his contemporary colleague Carl Gustav Jung.
- Menachem Mendel Schneerson, a.k.a. the Lubavitcher Rebbe, considered by many to be the Jewish Messiah, was born on the Tzolkin day 9 Ik, which is also the day of Quetzalcoatl (or Kukulcan) – the Mayan Feathered Serpent deity who represents Christ consciousness. On the other hand, Hilary Clinton was also born on 9 IK, and so did Larry Flint, Andy Warhol, and the infamous Wernher von Braun.
- Christina Aguilera and Bionce share the same Tzolkin birthday: 13-Muluc.
- Adam Duritz (Counting Crows singer) shares the same Tzolkin birthday as Ozzie Osbourne and Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro: 10-Cimi.
- L. Frank Baum, author of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz shares the same Tzolkin birthday with Dick Cheney: 6-Ik.
- The Mayan Tzolkin day for celebrating the feast of abundance is 8-Kan. This is the Mayan day of birth for Buckminster Fuller, Jim Morrison, Ashton Kutcher, and Bill Cosby.
- And, on a lighter side, Patrick Stewart, who played Captain Jean-Luc Picard on Star Trek: The Next Generation, shares the same Tzolkin birthday (13 Imix) as his Executive Officer on the show – Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes).